|1990||Diamond Bank Limited was founded|
|1991||Diamond Bank formally opened for business|
|1992||Introduced Nigeria's pioneer virtual banking platform- The Diamond Integrated Banking Services (DIBS)|
|1996||- Introduced the Diamond Savings Gold Card which availed customers access to their funds in any Diamond Bank branch nationwide.|
- Introduced the Diamond Connect, which gave customers remote access to their accounts via personal computers.
- Introduced Nigeria's pioneer electronic purse product- the Diamond PayCard.
|1999||- Migrated to the FLEXCUBE banking application platform|
- Introduced the Diamond Bank Dial Account, which provides customers access to their accounts through the telephone.
- Commenced the Annual Free Eye Surgical Expedition in Partnership with The Eye Foundation Hospital, Lagos.
- Introduced a code of conduct handbook which contains ethical principles and code of conduct for staff - an industry precedent.
|2001||- Established first overseas subsidiary, Diamond Bank S.A., in Contonou, Benin Republic.|
- Adoption of the universal banking structure.
|2004||- Joined the ATM Consortium (ATMC), giving customers access to ATMs nationwide|
- Executed a successful Private Placement that shot up its capital base to N19 billion.
|2005||- Converted to a Public Limited Company (PLC) on February 28,2005|
- Listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE) on May 27, 2005
- Acquired Lion Bank of Nigeria PLC - increased the branch network by 22, predominantly in the North
- Initial Public Offering of 1,000,000,000 Ordinary shares of 50 Kobo each N6.8 per share (Offer opened August 15 and closed September 12, 2005)
- Executed a re-branding of the Diamond Bank identity in November 2005
|2006||- Secured CBN's approval to continue banking business after a successful consolidation|
- Established Diamond Pension Funds Custodian Limited (Diamond PFC)
- Acquired ADIC Insurance Limited
- Entered into external reserves management agreement with Crown Agents Investment Management (CAIML)
|2007||- Acquired a mortgage company, rebranded Diamond Mortgages Limited.|
- Promoted Aspire Nigeria, along with Shell Nigeria and Grofin South Africa, in support of SMEs' growth in Nigeria.
- Upgraded banking IT platform from Flexcube 4.6 to 6.6 version.
- ACTIS-led equity investment of $134m and strategic partnership in support of the Bank's growth plans.
- Won the 'Best Bank in Merger & Acquisition' at the ThisDay Awards on February 24, 2007.
- Raised additional $500m equity capital through Global Depository Receipts (GDR) offering.
|2008||- Listed GDR on the Professional Securities Market (PSM) of London Stock Exchange (LSE) on January 10, 2008.|
- Voted 'Most Improved Bank of the Year' at the ThisDay Awards
- Launched Diamond Life Campaign, an integrated communication of all the Bank's products and services as Saving Money, Borrowing, Channels & Transactions, Living Life, and Doing Business.
- Bagged 'Deal of the Year' award from the Trade Finance Magazine, London.
- Launched SavingsXtra Reward Campaign
- Launched Diamond Visa Credit Card, the first 'Naira denominated Credit Card' in Nigeria
|2009||- Voted 'Nigeria's Bank of the Year' at the ThisDay Awards|
- Gave away N50 million, the biggest prize money in Nigeria's history to a customer in the SavingsXtra Reward Campaign.
- Appointed Primary Dealer of Federal Government Nigeria Bonds by the Debt Management Office (DMO).
|2010||- Inaugurated the Diamond Bank Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting|
- Launched the Naija Diamonds Series in collaboration with the Inspire Africa to celebrate the unsung heroes of Nigeria.
|2011||- Officially commenced operations in three Francophone West African countries - Togo, Senegal and Ivory Coast|
- Celebrated its 20th anniversary of operations -providing excellent financial services.- Appointed a partner bank by the Nigerian Content Development Monitoring Board (NCDMB)
- Named Best Credit Card Bank at the 11th Card, ATM and Mobile Expo Africa 2011
|2012||- Named Best Online Bank in Nigeria|
- Named Best Oil and Gas Investment Company 2012, Africa by London-based World Finance Magazine
- Named Best Credit Card Bank at the 11th Card, ATM and Mobile Expo Africa 2012
|2013||- Named Best Oil and Gas Investment Company 2013, Africa awarded by London-based|
- World Finance Magazine
- The Bank's first non-African subsidiary &Diamond Bank UK Ltd -was launched.
|2014||- The Bank raised N50bn in a highly successful rights issue exercise.|
|2015||- Uzoma Dozie, current CEO, completes his first full year in charge of the Bank and implements retail-led strategy|
|2016||- The Bank successfully restructured to better support its retail strategy and to enhance its client proposition|