Diamond Kiddies account enables you to start saving on behalf of your children aged under 18 years. With a minimum of N5,000 and a small deposit every month you would teach your child the value of money and imbibe the savings culture in them. With the Diamond Kiddies account, you can be rest assured that the money will be there when they need it most.
Why open a Diamond Kiddies account?
- Free gift pack at account opening
- With as low as N5,000 minimum opening balance, and regular monthly deposit, you and your children can achieve financial independence over time.
- You earn a competitive interest earning of 2% per annum
- Also earn an additional bonus payment of 100% of interest earned in a quarter if no withdrawal is made in a quarter. It pays to leave your money where it is.
- Flexible deposit option which means that you can decide where and when you want to save, which could be monthly, quarterly or annually depending on your cash flow.
- There are no penalties for irregular contributions and no withdrawal charges.
- Gives you the convenience of depositing cash, other banks cheque and dividend warrants at any Diamond Bank branch.
- Gives you the convenience of maintaining standing order, which allows you to effect monthly transfers or periodic transfers from other accounts maintained in Diamond bank. (Standing orders can be done from the branch or via Diamond online services).
- Yearly opportunity for your child to be invited to attend Diamond Kiddies end of year party and Children's Day celebrations.
- Your child also receives free bi-annual Diamond Kiddies newsletter/magazine.
Back to top
What you need to sign up for this account
Basic simple and easy to get documents:
1. Two (2) passport photographs of child and parent
2. Birth certificate of child
3. Personal Identification (any of these)
- Current International Passport
- Resident Permit
- Driver's License
- National ID Card
- Employer confirmation (if employer is well known and undoubted) by way of written letter. In the case of students, identity card of reputable universities shall suffice
- Identity card of a reputable organization (if employers are well known and undoubted)
- Letter of introduction from an existing customer (Note: The existing customer shall accompany the prospect to the branch to be identified as a guarantor)
4. Address verification: (Any of these)
- Utility bill (PHCN, NITEL, e.t.c) or
- Physical visitation or,
- Electoral Registry (same as Voters Card) or,
- State/Local Government Rate Charges Advise
- Bank statement or passbook containing current address
- Solicitors letter confirming recent house purchase or Search Report from the Land Registry
- Tenancy Agreement
- Record of home visit in respect of non-Nigerians
- Employer confirmation (if employer is well known and undoubted). A written letter from the employer must be presented by the prospect.
- Address confirmation from an existing customer by way of a written letter.
Back to top
* References are only required if you do not satisfy any of the options listed in (4) above
Click here to download the account opening form . You can also reach us via our 24/7 contact centre on 0700-300-0000 or E-mail: