The Diamond High Interest Deposit Account (HIDA) is an account designed for our premium customers who can maintain a minimum balance of N100,000, whilst still allowing you easy access to your money whenever you want it.
If you plan to save a large sum of money for a longer term and want to maximize the interest earned, look no further than our Diamond High Interest Deposit Account (HIDA). As long as you have a minimum of N100, 000 or more, you will be able to enjoy tiered interest rate, meaning the larger the balance, the higher the interest rate. The interest rate is paid monthly.
Here is why it could be right for you:
- The account is opened with a minimum of N100,000
- You earn highly competitive interest rates payable monthly. This means the more you save, the more you earn. The interest rate is tiered thus:
|Less than N100,000
|N1 million and above
- Gives you the convenience of depositing cash, other banks’ cheques and dividend warrants at any of our branches.
- You can have immediate access to your money, but making withdrawals could affect the rate of interest payable.
- Convenience of being able to transfer money between your Diamond accounts in the branch, online, or over the phone (if you are registered for Diamond Online and Diamond Mobile respectively).
- Gives you the flexibility and convenience of increasing your deposits by cash, cheques or dividend warrant payments.
Back to top
What you need to sign up for this account
Basic, simple and easy to get documents:
1. Two (2) passport photographs
2. Personal Identification (Any of these)
- Current International Passport
- Resident Permit
- Driver's License
- National ID Card
- Employer confirmation (if employer is well known and undoubted) by way of written letter. In the case of students, identity card of reputable universities shall suffice
- Identity card of a reputable organisation (if employers are well known and undoubted)
- Letter of introduction from an existing customer (Note: The existing customer shall accompany the prospect to the branch to be identified as a guarantor)
3. Address verification: (Any of these)
- Utility bill (PHCN, NITEL, e.t.c) or
- Physical visitation or,
- Electoral Registry (same as Voters Card) or,
- State/Local Government Rate Charges Advise
- Bank statement or passbook containing current address
- Letter from a Solicitor confirming recent house purchase or Search Report from the Land Registry
- Tenancy Agreement
- Record of home visit in respect of non-Nigerians
- Employer confirmation (if employer is well known and undoubted). A written letter from the employer must be presented by the prospect.
- Address confirmation from an existing customer by way of a written letter.
Back to top
* References are only required if you do not satisfy any of the options listed in (3) above
Click here to download the account opening form . You can also contact us on our 24/7 number 0700-300-0000 or E-mail us at