• Diamond Bank Limited was founded
• Diamond Bank formally opened for business
• Introduced Nigeria’s pioneer virtual banking platform- The Diamond Integrated Banking Services (DIBS)
• Introduced the Diamond Savings Gold Card – availed customers access to their funds in any Diamond Bank branch nationwide.
• Introduced the Diamond Connect, which gave customers remote access to their accounts via personal computers.
• Introduced Nigeria’s pioneer electronic purse product- the Diamond PayCard.
• Migrated to the FLEXCUBE banking application platform
• Introduced the Diamond Bank Dial Account, which provides customers access to their accounts through the telephone.
• Commenced the Annual Free Eye Surgical Expedition in Partnership with The Eye Foundation Hospital, Lagos.
• Introduced a code of conduct handbook which contains ethical principles and code of conduct for staff - an industry precedent.
• Established first overseas subsidiary, Diamond Bank S.A., in Contonou, Benin Republic.
• Adoption of the universal banking structure.
• Joined the ATM Consortium (ATMC), giving customers access to ATMs nationwide
• Executed a successful Private Placement that shot up its capital base to N19 billion.
• Converted to a Public Limited Company (PLC) on February 28,2005
• Listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE) on May 27, 2005
• Acquired Lion Bank of Nigeria PLC - increased the branch network by 22, predominantly in the North
• Initial Public Offering of 1,000,000,000 Ordinary shares of 50 Kobo each N6.8 per share (Offer opened August 15 and closed September 12, 2005)
• Executed a re-branding of the Diamond Bank identity – November, 2005
• Got CBN’s approval to continue banking business after a successful consolidation
• Established Diamond Pension Funds Custodian Limited (Diamond PFC)
• Acquired ADIC Insurance Limited
• Entered into external reserves management agreement with Crown Agents Investment Management (CAIML)
• Acquired a mortgage company, rebranded Diamond Mortgages Limited.
• Promoted Aspire Nigeria, along with Shell Nigeria and Grofin South Africa, in support of SMEs’ growth in Nigeria.
• Upgraded banking IT platform from Flexcube 4.6 to 6.6 version.
• ACTIS-led equity investment of $134m and strategic partnership in support of the Bank’s growth plans.
• Won the “Best Bank in Merger & Acquisition” at the ThisDay Awards on February 24, 2007.
• Raised additional $500m equity capital through Global Depository Receipts (GDR) offering.
• Listed GDR on the Professional Securities Market (PSM) of London Stock Exchange (LSE) on January 10, 2008.
• Voted “Most Improved Bank of the Year” at the ThisDay Awards
• Launched Diamond Life Campaign, an integrated communication of all the Bank’s products and services as Saving Money, Borrowing, Channels & Transactions, Living Life, and Doing Business.
• Bagged “Deal of the Year” award from the Trade Finance Magazine, London.
• Launched SavingsXtra Reward Campaign
• Launched Diamond Visa Credit Card, the first ‘Naira denominated Credit Card” in Nigeria
• Voted “Nigeria’s Bank of the Year” at the ThisDay Awards
• Gave away N50 million, the biggest prize money in Nigeria’s history to a customer in the SavingsXtra Reward Campaign.
• Appointed Primary Dealer of Federal Government Nigeria Bonds by the Debt Management Office (DMO).
• Inaugurated the Diamond Bank Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting
• Launched the Naija Diamonds Series in collaboration with the Inspire Africa to celebrate the unsung heroes of Nigeria.
• Officially commenced operations in three Francophone West African countries – Togo, Senegal and Ivory Coast
• Celebrated its 20th anniversary of operations – providing excellent financial services.
[back to top]